This post is dedicated to all my fellow travelers out there. I’ve compiled a list of some fun activities to do when traveling. There’s nothing better than sitting around a campfire, eating delicious food, and having a few drinks. However, there’s nothing better than doing these activities while enjoying the sights and sounds of nature. Here are 7 fun activities you can do when traveling:
1. Make a Book – Get a journal and write down your travels. This can be anything from “My first time in Iceland” to “Things I learned about myself”. It can be about any aspect of travel or just the experience. – Make a book for your kids. It can be a simple sketchbook, but it should also have some blank pages for them to fill with their own stories.
2. Go on a Photo Walk – Find some interesting places to photograph. There’s nothing better than standing in front of a beautiful building or looking at a beautiful vista. It doesn’t matter where you are. – Take a walking photo walk in your neighborhood or city. You don’t even have to go anywhere. Just walk around and take photos.
3. Go on an Ice Cream Adventure – Ice cream is one of the best things to eat when traveling. I recommend getting a bunch of different flavors and trying them all. – Get a small bucket and pack a few ice creams in it. Head out for a walk and just try all of the different flavors.
4. Go Camping – Find a campsite that’s close to nature. There’s nothing better than spending the night under the stars. – Bring along a tent and sleeping bag. Just head out and set up camp.
5. Go on a Hiking Adventure – Don’t let yourself be intimidated by hiking. Hiking is fun, rewarding, and you can do it anywhere. – Find a trail that you want to explore. It can be as easy as going for a 1 mile walk, or it can be a 20 mile trek.
6. Take a Road Trip – You don’t have to go to the most exotic places. You can always go to a nearby town or city. – Pack your car with some snacks, music, and a few drinks. Then just drive around town.
7. Try a Food Tour – This is something I recommend to anyone traveling. You get to try delicious food, meet new people, and learn about where you are at the same time. – Start by asking around about what restaurants to try. If there’s nothing on your list, start making your own list.
I hope these ideas inspire you to travel more!