Skip to content
- American English News Words: Today you will watch a news vocabulary video which explains a word or term used in news stories. Try to understand the word or term discussed in this video:
- Learning English TV: Watch this one-minute Learning English news program and try to understand what it means:
- Identify what you learned today from this lesson. You can either explain what today’s news word means or give a short summary of the short news program you watched in the comments section below:
13 thoughts on “Lesson 2.19.2, Year 2 American English Lessons with Maestro Sersea”
Hello. I’m Danijela.
In this lesson I learned new words like filibuster etc…
Filibuster a legisative prosess used to delay or prevent a vote on a propposed law usualy through extended debate.
Thank you very much Maestro Sersea.
Hello maestro sersea, I learned a new Word “Filibusters “means is a legislative process usted to delay or prevent a vote on a proposed law.thank You
Filibuster, a trick used by opposite to confront the approval of a low by making very long speeches.
Thanks Mr Sersea.
Hello , hind from Iraq.
Filibuster is a legislative process used to delay or prevent a vote on a proposed law usually through extended debate
A flibuster is a legislative process used to delay or to prevent a vote, on a proposed law usually through extended a debate.
Hello , hind from Iraq.
– Seven Chinese action against democracy activists in Hong Kong by United State place.
-president Cyril in Africa said: security agencies will investigates these responsible for causing deadly riots this week in parts of country.
-after 24 new cases of COVID -19 are reported by Australia official order people to stay home.
-there is visiter to Nagasaki’s atomic bone memorial to mark before the traditional “Olympic Trace” the start of the Tokyo summer by the president of the international Olympic committee.
#Video 1 new word is “ filibuster”
Filibuster is a legislative process used to delay or prevent a vote on a proposed law usually through extended debate.
– In United stated places restrictions on seven Chinese people against democracy activists.
– President Cyril in Africa said: security agencies will investigates these responsible for causing deadly riots this week in parts of country.
– After founding new 24 cases of COVID -19, Australia official order people to stay home.
– There was a visiter to Nagasaki’s atomic bone memorial to mark before the traditional “Olympic Trace” start on summer by the president of the international Olympic committee.
In this lesson I learned some new words like filibuster, riots, truce. The first one means to make a long speech in order to delay or prevent a new law being made
so, according to the Cambridge Dictionary, the word RIOT imply an occasion when a large number of people behave in a noisy, violent, and uncontrolled way in public, often as a protest and, TRUCE, a short interruption in a war or argument, or an agreement to stop fighting or arguing for a period of time.
Thank you Maestro
Lesson 2.19.2 Year 2
News words: ” Filibuster”
Totally new word for me, the meaning of this word is a delay, hindrance, postponement,
or to make a long speech in order to delay.
until the Assembly session adjourns, they simply threatened to filibuster.
Lesson 2.19.2 Year 2
One-minute Learning English news program, July 16, 2021.
1) In Hong Kong seven Chinese officials got limitations for their movements against democracy activities as United State said.
2) Security agencies of South Africa are going to investigate those who are accountable for causing deadly riots in parts of the country.
3) After reporting, 24 new cases of Covid -19 officials in Australia told people to refrain from going out.
4) Before the start of the Tokyo Summer Games, the President of the International Olympic Committee visited Nagasaki atomic bomb memorial.
Greetings Maestro Sersea
In the United States President Joe Biden and his activists Party’s lawmakers in the Capitol Hill hold a small majority.
Passing new law in the Senate with a small majority of democrats will not be easy. Opposing lawmakers can filibuster a proposed legislation.
A filibuster is a legislative process that is used to delay or prevent a vote in a proposed law. Usually through an extended debate. In the U.S. Senate, a sixty percent is required to end a filibuster and progress toward a vote.
I learned a new word “filibuster” which is a legislative process used to delay or prevent a vote on a proposed law, usually through extended debate.