Skip to content
- American English News Words: Today you will watch a news vocabulary video which explains a word or term used in news stories. Try to understand the word or term discussed in this video:
- Learning English TV: Watch this one-minute Learning English news program and try to understand what it means:
- Identify what you learned today from this lesson. You can either explain what today’s news word means or give a short summary of the short news program you watched in the comments section below:
11 thoughts on “Lesson 2.11.2, Year 2 American English Lessons with Maestro Sersea”
Hello. I’m Danijela.
In this lesson I learned new words such duress.
Duress means when people have to do anything with the use of force or threat.
I like these lessons in the form of news.
Thank you very much Maestro Sersea.
In this lesson I learne this new words: duress, curfew, sworn.
During the last Summer Olympics, Tokyo constantly broke its own record for new cases of covid-19 and, on the other hand, everything seemed to indicate that Pedro Castillo could have been removed from the presidency of Peru.
Thank you Maestro
Hello , hind from Iraq.
Duress means the use of force or threats to make someone say or do something against their wisher.
That is found Belarusian political opposition journalist was arrested after being taken from a passenger plane , that was forced to land in Minsk Belarus , the flight landed in Belarus because of reported bomb threat but no bomb was found .
Hello maestro sersea,this week I learned the Word Duress : means when the people do anithing use the forcé or threats
1)In Tokyo healt official report a récord 3.177 new COVID 19
2)in Beijin,china foreign Minister meets with a delegation of talibán officials from Afganistán
3) Tunisia’s president order curfew in reaction to violence,that followed his decisión a suspend the parliament
4) In Perú, Pedro Castillo is facino a problem after dispute election.thank you
Hello , hind from Iraq.
– That rising civilization-19 in Tokyo health official report as the city hold the summer Olympics causing.
-there are diplomatic between Brian an Afghanistan countries.
-Tunisia park iman was suspend.
-the president of Peru now is Pedro .
Duress it mean use of force or threats to someone says or do something aingainst his wishe
Hello teacher! I am Singuon
Duress: mean that the use of force or threats to make someone say or do something against their wishes.
– Amount rising 3,177 Covid-19 influencers in Tokyo, that raising could fill hospital.
– There are increasing diplomatic tie between China and Afghanistan countries.
– Tunisia president orders a curfew inreaction to violence. The new leader face politicle division after deputed election. Thank you.
Lesson 2.11.2 Year 2 American English lessons with-Maestro-Sersea/
News Word: ” Duress”
Duress is a noun. The meaning of duress is compulsory force or threat.
For example,” He thought her confession had been made under duress.”
” I don’t think she has been under any duress.”
Lesson 2.11.2 Year 2 American English lessons with Maestro-Sersea/
One-minute Learning English news program. July 28, 2021
1) According to an official report in Tokyo rising cases of COVID-19 could fill the hospitals.
2) China’s foreign minister and a high-level delegation from Afghanistan agreed to strengthen their diplomatic relations.
3)After the decision to suspend parliament Tunisia’s president says that the curfew is a precautionary measure.
4) In Peru, Pedro Castillo is facing a problem after a dispute election.
Greetings Maestro Sersea
A belarusian political opposite journalist was arrested after being taken from a passanger plane that was forced to land in Minsk, Belarusia. The flight landed because of a reported bomb threat, but no bomb was found. In a video released hours later the activist admitted to organizing large protest in Minsk, and says he was well his allies says his statements were made under duress.
Duress describe to force or threat to someone to say or to do something against their wishes.
Thank you very much.
I learned a new word “duress”.
Duress describes the use of force or threats to make someone say or do something against their wishes.