Skip to content
- American English News Words: Today you will watch a news vocabulary video which explains a word or term used in news stories. Try to understand the word or term discussed in this video:
- Learning English TV: Watch this one-minute Learning English news program and try to understand what it means:
- Identify what you learned today from this lesson. You can either explain what today’s news word means or give a short summary of the short news program you watched in the comments section below:
12 thoughts on “Lesson 2.23.2, Year 2 American English Lessons with Maestro Sersea”
Hello. I’m Danijela.
In this lesson I learned new words such as phenomenon.
Phenomenon is an observable fact or event. Peapole use the word most often when such event is rare, powerful or of mysterious cause.
Thank you very much Maestro Sersea.
Hello , Hind from Iraq.
Phenomenon : is an observable fact or event , but people use the word most often when such an event is rare powerful or of mysterious cause.
Iraq , the country of petrol that more people below the poverty line and they stole people in the name of religion while this phenomenon by politician corruption .
Thank you very much
Hello , hind from Iraq.
– In Cuba thousands people agains the government because suffer economic crisis.
– In Jorden state security court sentences two former official to 15 years in prison for involvement in a plot against King Abdullah 2.
-In the Philippines hundreds march to china’s consulate in Manila to mark anniversary of a UN decision supporting the country territorial rights in the south chine sea .
– In Japan Tokyo begins another state of emergency shortly the opening of the Olympic Games on July 23 .
Thank you very much sir.
Greetings to everyone:
I learned what phenomenon and waterways means completely, but protests around over the world are letting to be a Phenomenon to becoming in part of our daily. That’s worrying, isn´t it?
Thank you Maestro.
Lesson 2.23.2 Year 2
News Word: ” Phenomenon.”
As I understand the meaning of phenomenon is the circumstance, incident, fact, wonder, and Miracle.
phenomenon word is a noun.
The COVID-19 Pandemic is, indeed, a 21-century phenomenon.
Lesson 2.23.2 Year 2
One-minute learning English news program, July 12, 2021
1) Government of Quba is facing massive trouble through protesters because of the country’s severe economic crisis.
2) Two retired security officials got the punishment of 15 years in prison due to their involvement in a plot
against King Abdulla 11.
3)Hundreds of Philippines, did not agree with the decision of the U.N. to support the country’s territorial rights in the South China sea, for this reason, they walked toward the Chines consulate in Manila.
4) Right away after the opening of the Olympic Games on July 23, in Japan, another state of emergency was initiated.
Greetings Maestro Sersea
A phenomenon is an observable fact or event. Some people use the word phenomenon to describe a rare, powerful event or of mysterious causes.
In Cuba thousand protested against the government as the nation continued to suffer a severe economic crisis.
In Jordan, a state security court sentences two former officials to 15 years in prison for involvement in a plot against king Abdulla II.
In the Philipines, hundreds march to China’s consulate in Manila to mark the anniversary of a U.N. decision supporting the country’s territorial rights in The South China Sea.
And in Japan, Tokyo begins another emergency state shortly before the opening of the Olympic Games on July 23.
Thank you so much,
I learned news word “Phenomenon” that means an observable facts or events.
Hello maestro sersea and everyone,today I learned a new Word “phenomenon ” a phenomenon is a observable fact or event ,but people use the Word most often when such on event is rare ,powerful or mysterious cause .
A Phenomenon is an observerble fact or event. But people use the word most often when such an event rare, powerfull or of the mysterious cause.